01 August 2021

One more day...

Many of us look forward to eternal life.
But first we must deal with the present reality,
And know how to live here for the time being.
The past is no more, and the future is not yet.
There is only today and eternity to contemplate.
We live in this moment instant by instant.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery,
And today is a precious gift from God.
This is the day the Lord hath made.
Let us rejoice and be glad in it,
"Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,"
For the Greater Glory of God.
​"Hoy, gracias a Dios, un otro día más​."
​Today, thanks be to God, one more day.​

.




No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. I have been living in Mexico since January 6th, 1999. I am continually studying to improve my knowledge of the Spanish language and Mexican history and culture. I am also a student of Mandarin Chinese.