16 August 2021

Inevitable

There is a word called "inevitable"
That is spelled the same in English
And in Spanish. It is pronounced
Differently but means the same thing...
"Unavoidable and certain to happen."
Things that we don't yet understand
Until such time that it is almost too late.
Wake up, oh my soul and look around you
To see where your journey has taken you
And to see where you are presently going.
This is the time for searching out the truth.
It is the day that the Lord has made
For us to rejoice and be glad in it,
To be happily seeking our salvation.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
And my family, all the days of our lives,
And we will dwell in the house of the Lord,
Forever!

.




No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. I have been living in Mexico since January 6th, 1999. I am continually studying to improve my knowledge of the Spanish language and Mexican history and culture. I am also a student of Mandarin Chinese.