31 December 2020

I can see clearly now...

There are thoughts that fill my head like the haunting music
In the dark of night that comes from far, far, away.
Sometimes I think that truth and honor are merely dreams.
Wherever I go I am saddened by the lack of understanding.
Everywhere I see nothing but falsehoods and delusion.
I think that the truth must be hidden in the shadows,
But I must not believe that the gloom will last forever.
Beneath the mist that clouds my vision and troubles my soul,
God prepares for me things that I can't even imagine.
Silence is the shadow, God's WORD is the light of His presence.
I was created in the image and likeness of God, that is,
A rational Being of Truth, Goodness, Beauty, and Justice.
I speak out now because there arise in me thoughts divine,
Of hidden realities that are revealed to spiritual minds,
The Word of God, the language of my soul, enlightens me.
When mortal justice is devoid of good solutions,
When the judgement of men can't achieve peace,
Then we must appeal the complaint to a higher court,
For our merciful and just Creator to decide.
Oh Lord, let mercy walk with justice to settle the matter.
If in the end the judgement is severe, then so be it!
Let it serve as a guide to what is prudent and what is not.
May it be good and noble and not wrathful or vengeful.
When some are for and others are against,
Let truth arise have the final say.
Once I was blind, but glory be to the Father of us all,
I can see clearly now, and pray that other eyes will open too!

.

1 comment:

Angelina Keffi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. I have been living in Mexico since January 6th, 1999. I am continually studying to improve my knowledge of the Spanish language and Mexican history and culture. I am also a student of Mandarin Chinese.