08 December 2020

A Happy Landing

We are living and dying on Covid-19 time,
Waiting for a return to an elusive normal
While searching for a cure to make us happy.
Wake me when they formulate a vaccine for old age,
Or a therapeutic to meet my specific need for vigor,
That will return me to the age of twenty-three
For just one day or even for a little longer,
That in keeping with the movement back in time
Provides me with a chance to begin all over again.
Alas, the story of my life is almost finished.
I pray for both a happy ending and a happy landing
On that other shore to be with Saints forevermore.
Aboard my vessel, shipshape and in good order,
A place for everything and everything in place,
I sail the seven seas of life for the seven ages of man,
One hand on the tiller and the other shading my eyes,
Searching the horizon by day and the stars by night,
Nothing in my way but some dark clouds and storms,
But for the most part, sunny weather, thanks be to God
From whom all blessings flow to those who abide in Him.
Faith is a firm belief that the best is yet to come,
The Blessed Assurance that in the end, all will be well. 

.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. I have been living in Mexico since January 6th, 1999. I am continually studying to improve my knowledge of the Spanish language and Mexican history and culture. I am also a student of Mandarin Chinese.