19 November 2022

Hell to pay?

I didn't ask to be born into this world.
The terms are very tough indeed.
If it be thy will Lord, turn me into dust again,
For it is not for me to make endless misery for myself.
Thy will be done and not mine but please have mercy dear God 
The choice between eternal life or eternal damnation 
Makes no sense to me at all. Of course I choose eternal life, 
I am not stupid nor am I complaining, I'm just puzzled.
I'm trying to enjoy all of the good things that you have given me 
But I am fearful of the hell to pay if I make the wrong choice.
I know you chose to give me life and the free will to choose you,
And reward me when I do, but at times I worry about it.
When sinful behavior appears more tempting than good 
And I am weak, I fear eternal damnation. 
What if I am trapped in my grave or some cold dark abyss 
And and physically be dead but still alive spiritually to contemplate 
Forever the poor choices that I had made in life.
Heavenly Father, please save me from myself. 
Take away my useless worrying, anxieties and fears.
Forgive my sins and grant me peace in my heart.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done,
On Earth as it is in Heaven. Amen!

.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. I have been living in Mexico since January 6th, 1999. I am continually studying to improve my knowledge of the Spanish language and Mexican history and culture. I am also a student of Mandarin Chinese.