05 April 2023

Swimming in the Lake of Good Dreams

When you reach your retirement dream,
What do you dream of next?
Most of my companions of youth
Are now just ghosts who visit my dreams.
We go swimming in the lake of good times.
Do not worry about anything.
What will be will be.
Mortal life is a temporary dream.
Let your heart be light with joy.
Heal the wounds of the young and innocent.
Make their dreams your dreams too,
For we can still rejoice in the young,
But only if we are young at heart.
It's time to get your act together.
Don't let the bad times get you down..
As I lay down each night to rest,
I thank the Lord that I am blessed,
And ask for help to do my best
To walk in the light of Providence,
And  to prepare myself for tomorrow,
Come what may…!

.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. I have been living in Mexico since January 6th, 1999. I am continually studying to improve my knowledge of the Spanish language and Mexican history and culture. I am also a student of Mandarin Chinese.