17 February 2023

The Spirit of the Crossroads

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the crossroads.  
The Holy Spirit is the giver of life everywhere; 
Where the mountains meet the forests, 
Where the forrests meet the plains, 
Where the plains meet the rivers, 
Where the rivers meet the seas, 
Where the horizon meets the sky, 
Where language and culture meet, 
Where ethnicity meets diversity,
Where the city meets the countryside, 
Where the past meets the present, 
Where the present meets the future, 
And where male and female come together 
To form generation after generation.
Come, Holy Spirit, Spark of Life,
O Causa Vitae et Spiritus Amoris,
Reside in our hearts and grant us peace.   
(Bob Mrotek 2023)

,

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. I have been living in Mexico since January 6th, 1999. I am continually studying to improve my knowledge of the Spanish language and Mexican history and culture. I am also a student of Mandarin Chinese.