12 April 2022

Greeting the Pre-Dawn Glow

Every morning I gather with the early birds to greet the sunrise,
My eyes are fixed eagerly on the predawn glow as if it were
The first sign of the second coming and the bodily resurrection,
The treasure for which mankind has awaited after a long vigil.
The seas that my vessel plows through are no place for lesser craft
Nor for sailors whose ship founders on the rocks of fear and doubt.
Steadfast in purpose, I sail on toward that heavenly shore,
For one more mortal day on earth, I look into the rising sun,
Like a young child who yearns after its parents with upraised arms
Expressing the warmth that fills its heart, with love and admiration.
With tears of joy in the blessed assurance of my salvation, and
Patient about what I do not know, but clear about what matters most.
What matters most is the will of God and the firm belief that
Jesus Christ will do His part in saving those who believe in Him.
I must do my part in loving Him and show it by loving my neighbor too.

.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. I have been living in Mexico since January 6th, 1999. I am continually studying to improve my knowledge of the Spanish language and Mexican history and culture. I am also a student of Mandarin Chinese.