03 October 2021

Are we going the right way?

We claim to trust in God and render unto Mammon.
God being the greater good, it stands to reason,
That we follow His laws for our common good.
But we too often ignore both God and Mammon,
Being untrue to both and prosperous in neither.
We follow our own desires for pleasure and greed,
Rebelling against both God and civil authority,
The imperfect human will brings forth weeds
That are barren of fruit and do not flower,
Strangers to God and indifferent to humanity,
No good for great things and too bad for good.
In the end many will lament the terrible loss
Of what might have been but never was.
Now is the time to stop ourselves and say,
"Are we truly going the right way?"  

.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. I have been living in Mexico since January 6th, 1999. I am continually studying to improve my knowledge of the Spanish language and Mexican history and culture. I am also a student of Mandarin Chinese.