19 October 2018

Politics vs. Peace and Harmony

Politics is a convention for the narrowing of minds enough to perpetuate the reign of ignorance, misunderstanding, and misinterpretation of the desires and designs of one another. Because individual lives on earth are relatively short, mortality compels a dependence, and charity speaks to the heart in a faint, yet powerful voice, and binds mankind in a common brotherhood in the struggle for the common good against non-rational ideas and the evil impulse of our base desires. Nevertheless, we have every reason to hope that through individual humility, patience, empathy, and self-sacrifice that we can accelerate the unity of purpose of the vast human family under the paternal gaze of our Creator and thus reach the state of peace and harmony that is the end point of His eternal plan.

.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. I have been living in Mexico since January 6th, 1999. I am continually studying to improve my knowledge of the Spanish language and Mexican history and culture. I am also a student of Mandarin Chinese.