09 September 2010

My wife the artist.

My wife Gina is an artist but she does not work with pencils, or watercolors, or clay or any of the traditional art mediums. All of her artwork is done in a material that I call "Zest for Life". She puts a little artwork in everything that she does. I especially realized that this morning as I was leaving the house. I collected the lunch that she prepared for me from the refrigerator and as I turned around I noticed the little basket that she keeps on the kitchen counter. It is where she keeps the odds and ends that she uses in her daily cooking and it changes from day to day. It usually contains an onion or two and perhaps a ripe tomato, a head of garlic, and some chilies of different varieties. This morning it looked particularly nice so I grabbed my camera and took the picture that you see below. It is one of the things that endears her to me. It seems like whatever she does is worthy of a picture.

Click on picture to enlarge.

10 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Bob I love that you notice the little things that your wife does in such a creative fashion. What she does is make the things she will be needing daily readily available. Indeed, artistically done. I like that. Take more pictures too, it's always fun when you take pix of your home life. Take care.

Leslie Harris said...

What a beautiful arrangement! The chiles really stand out. Even the napkins are lovely! And you, Bob, are a wonderful hubby to take notice. :)

Chrissy y Keith said...

Clearly, you are both aritsts.

Brenda Maas said...

What she has done with the ordinary everyday items is lovely and it is even lovelier that you notice it.

Ray Clifton said...

That is lovely, Bob.

I'd be afraid to touch anything, though :)

beckyc said...

Nice!

bordersaside said...

As a lot of the other ladies said its nice that you take notice. Im lucky enough that usually my hubby does to. ;)

ElleCancun said...

Awww...if only my hubby spoke so fondly of me!! JK!! It really does look beautiful, but so is your love for your wife ...very cute!!

Steve Cotton said...

A man who can appreciate his wife's soul is a wise man, indeed.

Serena Lewis said...

A lovely arrangement....I like that it changes regularly too. :)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. I have been living in Mexico since January 6th, 1999. I am continually studying to improve my knowledge of the Spanish language and Mexican history and culture. I am also a student of Mandarin Chinese.