25 June 2024

Past Perfect, Present Inclusive, and Future Uncertain

My name is Bob. The word Bob is the past perfect,
Present inclusive, and future uncertain form of the infinitive, "to be."
I am the square root of the human factor and the answer is "me."
I entered this world upside down and hanging by my heels,
While someone slapped my fanny and at that very moment,
I began my lifelong habit of complaining about injustice.
I will leave this life right side up and supine, griping about the same.
My religion is God Almighty, the Creator of Heaven and Earth,
With whom I communicate through His Incarnation, Jesus Christ,
At the impetus of His Holy Spirit, the spark of life.
We are perhaps living in "the end times" and long for a return to "normal."
But "normal" can be good or bad depending on personal perspective.
Nostalgia is a spiritual longing for a time and place,
That in reality, never was and to which we can never return.
It is an echo of something in a past life that we desired but never attained,
And our grief for a lost opportunity, a place in nowhere that can never really be.
It is a distortion of memory like a picture out of focus.  Nostalgia is meaningless.
Most things did not actually happen like we remember, only the good parts.
The world has overtaken George Orwell's "Animal Farm" and "1984,"
But not quite yet Aldus Huxley's "Brave New World," but no doubt soon will.
At night, I wander about the stars and planets seeking my path to enlightenment.
St. Paul tells us that it is up to everyone to find their own salvation,
Jesus tells us to be perfect, even as our Father in heaven is perfect.
Saint Augustine tells us that it is our intent that counts the most.
That sounds like a good plan to me. If you try you may never get everything right,
But you will never get everything wrong either. If you don't try, you get no return at all. 
(Bob Mrotek 2024)

.

2 comments:

Ken said...

Always enjoy your postings. Thanks.

Bob Mrotek said...

Thanks for the positive feedback Ken :=)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. I have been living in Mexico since January 6th, 1999. I am continually studying to improve my knowledge of the Spanish language and Mexican history and culture. I am also a student of Mandarin Chinese.