14 June 2017

Where does one find rest?

In the fuzzy orange glow of a new dawn fear strikes the land.
The damp air is heavy and smells of fear and uncertainty.
The sound of shouting and quarreling is heard on all sides.
In whom can the people trust if they no longer trust in God?
Do they trust in Science? But how does one pray to Science?
Where are the altars of Science and Technology located?
Is the Devil nothing more than a malicious Russian hacker?
Don't Science and Technology die when you Control-Alt-Delete?
God is not dead. He is the Resurrection and Life Eternal.
I shall go with God. I invite you to come along with me.
This is what the Lord says: “Stand by the roads, and look, 
And ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is; 
Walk in it, and find rest for your souls. (Jeremiah 6:16)

.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. I have been living in Mexico since January 6th, 1999. I am continually studying to improve my knowledge of the Spanish language and Mexican history and culture. I am also a student of Mandarin Chinese.