15 June 2016

What say you?

Those who drink deeply of pride, envy, ambition, and hatred,
Will see ignorance and ugliness in everybody they look upon.
Everything looks yellow to one who has jaundiced eyes.
Love dreads to cross paths with such perverse judgment.
She shuts her modest eyes at a glimpse of the first symptom.
She questions whether or not it was only a fleeting shadow
That crossed her path, and not an actual and deliberate sin.
If love is forced to recognize sin she quickly averts her vision,
And strives to forget the willful evil act that she has witnessed.
Love is the great healer of everything that ails body and soul.
We should always be as charitable in judgment as we can,
And if our neighbor has two faces let us accept the best one.
Our Lord, Jesus Christ said, "Love your neighbor as yourself"
He did not say, "Love the neighbor that you like the best."
He said, "Father forgive them for they know not what they do."
I say "Amen to that!" and what say you? Are you forgiven too? 

.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. I have been living in Mexico since January 6th, 1999. I am continually studying to improve my knowledge of the Spanish language and Mexican history and culture. I am also a student of Mandarin Chinese.