27 July 2023

Every Day of Your Life

Every day of your life, look 
For better ways to get better.
Think positive, work hard,
Have fun, and make it happen.
Don't squander your energy
On people who don't like you, or 
On trying to impress others, or
On things you can't control, or
On building castles in the air, or
On things you can't learn from.
To be taken seriously, be consistent.
Don't waste other people's time.
Before you speak - Listen 
Before you pray - Meditate
Before you spend - Earn 
Before you act - Think
Before you sign - Read
Before you take - Give
Before you quit - Try   
Later, it is already too late!
Hope for the best,
But prepare for the worst,  
And the most important thing,
Keep peace in your heart.
(Bob Mrotek 2023)

.

2 comments:

Rodney said...

Hola Bob! It's been more than a few years since we've chatted via the comments on your blog, I'm not even sure you'll remember me lol.

I was doing a bit of research on something or another about Spanish and rediscovered your blog. I'm very happy to see that you're still here posting away.

I just wanted to take a moment to say 'Hola' and thank you again for all the wonderful things you've posted over the years. I can't begin to tell you how much your efforts have helped me learn and improve my Spanish over the years.

Have a great day!

Bob Mrotek said...

¡Hola Rodney! Es genial escucharlo de ti. No, no me he olvidado de ti. Te recuerdo como un estudiante de español muy dedicado. Hay tantas personas que quieren aprender otro idioma y le pagan dinero a algún maestro para que les meta el idioma en la cabeza, pero no puede suceder a menos que se esfuercen como lo hiciste tú. Gracias por el piropo. No dude en mantenerse en contacto. Mi dirección de correo electrónico está en la página de mi blog. Mientras tanto, ¡cuídate mucho!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. I have been living in Mexico since January 6th, 1999. I am continually studying to improve my knowledge of the Spanish language and Mexican history and culture. I am also a student of Mandarin Chinese.