19 May 2018

A Glimpse of Reason


At times I glimpse the light of reason,
Like the afterglow of the setting sun.
A vision that comes with the gathering dark.
It is no sooner thus revealed to me,
Than extinguished by the fading of the light.
I am an itinerant wanderer in a tiny vessel
Adrift on the great ocean of Philosophy,
Tossed hither and yon by the wind and waves,
My goal is to acquire wisdom and understanding,
Ultimate truths, and spiritual felicity.
My only guide is a star of beauteous light
That twinkles brighter than all the rest,
The onward leading star of Bethlehem.

.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. I have been living in Mexico since January 6th, 1999. I am continually studying to improve my knowledge of the Spanish language and Mexican history and culture. I am also a student of Mandarin Chinese.